Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GS15 plus blade holder help

Discussion in 'Gerber' started by mdleisure, Aug 5, 2013.

1. mdleisure

mdleisure New Member

Jan 23, 2011
    Hi Guys I am looking for a bit of help with a gs15 plus. i have been printing with the edge 2 and contour cutting with my graphtec but i have got fed up with auto recognition errors so i have finally picked up a second hand gsl5 plus plotter.

I got 3 blade holders with it, one of them is the pen, one is the perf wheel and the other is what i assume is the swivel blade holder but here is where I have run into problems.

It has the screw cap but its not plastic as the manual says its metal and has a small grub screw allen key on it.

It appears to be a mix of the tang blade holder and the swivel.

I managed to get a new blade as I did not get one with it but its from a gsx plus. The supplier says its the same but its pretty loose in the holder unless I use the grub screw to hold it in place. Is this correct ?

My graphtec is magnetic so I dont have this problem. Should it be a tight fit into the blade holder ?

I hope someone has the same blade holder as mine and can identify it. I have not tried it in the plotter yet but if I dont tighten the grub screw the blade will fall out.

Thanks

Matt

Tags: