• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

GS15 Slow Key

Jase

Not had this before, for some reason the slow key doesn't seem to work on this machine. You press it and the slew keys continue to work at the same speed. I've tried a spare keyboard on the machine.

I'm assuming it maybe a dry joint which means, I'm guessing that I'll have to dismantle the machine, remove the lower board and check underneath?

Any guidance to make this as painless as possible greatly appreciated.

Jason

Jase

Just thought I'd update as there seems to be no interest in this post yet :) Slid the board out and warmed up the joints. I now have what seems to be an intermittent brake when I press the slow key so I guess I am getting there slowly. Will go back over the joints again tomorrow.

Tel

I have great interest in your thread but can't be of any help sorry! I think the lack of posts is because the GS15 is such a reliable workhorse that probably no one here as an answer to your problem, it certainly seems that your having some success with the joints.
Hope you get it sorted
regards
Tel

Jase

Hi Tel, thanks for the response, much appreciated, no luck at repairing this yet, may just use it as a tangential cutter for some of the small work we do. No way of lining the bombsite up at the moment without the slow key.