• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

GS6000 Black ink prints fine after sitting for a day, but after the first print...

IvanDD

it completely craps out. We just had the head replaced 6 months ago, and now were having an issue again. Ran my first print of the day 47"x123" mural that printed fine. Then when the printer started on the second mural, the black just completely dropped out. It LITERALLY happened at the end of the first job and the start of the second.

Any ideas?

http://i.imgur.com/mNnyUOK.jpg

rdm01

I am sorry I did not see that!

They put a filter on our black ink line when replacing the head, did you get a filter installed? Ours was done recently, so I am not sure if it is helping or not, as I would expect it to take some time to foul another head.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
What brand of ink are you using? If the head failed after 6 months, I would say you have a bad damper, bad cap top / pump, and/or bad ink. Do you see air in the ink lines? Is your ink cartridge empty and not flagging maybe?

IvanDD

They put a filter on our black ink line when replacing the head, did you get a filter installed? Ours was done recently, so I am not sure if it is helping or not, as I would expect it to take some time to foul another head.

Yea, I read about the filter. Im waiting for the tech to call me back so I can ask about that. I'm definitely going to bring it up this time. Do you know the name of the filter and what it does? Thanks!

IvanDD

What brand of ink are you using? If the head failed after 6 months, I would say you have a bad damper, bad cap top / pump, and/or bad ink. Do you see air in the ink lines? Is your ink cartridge empty and not flagging maybe?

Epson ink. No air in the lines. Black is still half full, that was my first thought too. Weird thing is when the printer sits for several hours I get my black back, but after being in use for a while the black drops out again.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Weird thing is when the printer sits for several hours I get my black back, but after being in use for a while the black drops out again.

Classic signs of a bad damper and/or air leak in the system somewhere. I would start there. If the damper doesn't do the trick, I would look at the cap top and maintenance station next.

Littledrums

Valve 1500828

Hi,

I think the problem come from valve 1500828.
There is one valve by color.
When it's blocked, you can believe that's the head.
The part cost 35-40 €.

lerscom

same problem but whit the yellow

Hi, i have the same problem when i print large banner or murals when the firts part came out its fine then in the second part image print color change mostly in the yelllow and cyan and when a ligth clean 3 or 4 times it gets going again could be a damper problem?

lerscom

Which valve is 1500828 ?

Thanks

these are the valves there it one for color
attachment.php

Maxime

Valve 1500828

Hi,

I think the problem come from valve 1500828.
There is one valve by color.
When it's blocked, you can believe that's the head.
The part cost 35-40 €.

Hello
How did that work out for you? the replacement?
I'm having the black issue, changed the head, dampers, cap station, cleanen y-fitting etc etc
Still having black dissappear after a job or a cleaning
When it sits for a few days, nozzles come back.
I have now ordered the valve part, which I will replace before trying to flush the system.
Any advice on the replacement job? seems simple yes?

thanks!
Max

boxerbay

you definitely have an air bubble somewhere in the line. that is your symptom. when it sits the bubble goes up. when you print it goes down to the head. when you stop the bubble goes back up. check your dampers and purge your lines.

zopylote

filter? where? this printer does not have any filter in the lines, you said that if you leave the printer for several hours the ink comes back again... the filter is the problem... remove it or if you are talking about the dampers then change damper, this printer uses dx7 head and two dampers per color, the dampers has the filters that the line needs to protect the printhead (attached pic) just identify the black lines and the dampers and change both... be carful this printhead is very delicate and if you disconnect cables or move you can blow out fuses from the mainboard

Attachments

• Original-dx7-head-damper-for-roland-VS-RE-RA-XF-FH-540-640-740-Printer.jpg
    Original-dx7-head-damper-for-roland-VS-RE-RA-XF-FH-540-640-740-Printer.jpg
    134.2 KB · Views: 255