• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

GS6000 Dark Colors smudging/not drying

sbergman

We are running a GS6000 with colorburst RIP 9.6.1.

Media: GS Poster Paper

Problem: We are getting smudging (ink drying issue) anywhere the dark colors are present. As a result, the paper is sticking to itself on the take-up reel causing blotches all over the prints. While replicating the problem we were able to wipe off the dark ink off of the paper with our fingers (we only waited 3 minutes after the print was complete). The light colored areas are fine.

Colorburst Environment: 720x720, Bi-D, for GS Photo Paper
Heaters: per Epson paper specs 45 preheater, 45 platen heater and 50 post heater.

Spoke to Epson Tech support and they did not have any suggestions other than try a new roll of material or flush the inks (sound expensive) and try a new set of inks.

Tried contacting Colorburst, but they aren't accepting call from end-users anymore.

Any suggestions?

Attachments

• Epson GS6000 smudging.jpg
    Epson GS6000 smudging.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 124

sbergman

GS6000 smudging issue resolved - isolated to 54" wide GS Photo Paper

Hey all,

Seems like I solved it. The problem was a bad roll of 54" media. The 30" GS Poster Paper and 60" GS Poster paper aren't having the same issues experienced with the 54". We are going to have our dealer or Epson replace the rolls.

Hope this doesn't happen to you. See another picture of problem (54" paper) attached. Shows whats happens when paper touches paper and then puled apart...like bubblegum.

Attachments

• GS6000 smudge issue.jpg
    GS6000 smudge issue.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 93
Last edited: