Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GS6000 Magenta

Discussion in 'Epson' started by mudmedia, Oct 18, 2012.

1. mudmedia

mudmedia Active Member

Aug 15, 2008
    I have been noticing some Magenta what i would call ink droplets at the side of the media when the head prints it leaves small minor magenta dots. I do a manual head cleaning twice a week and do a very light head cleaning on the lcd panel before it operates daily.

Is there something causing this that I should be looking at?

Tags:
  2. CS-SignSupply

CS-SignSupply Very Active Member

Possible fuzz, hair or debris on the head or cap

3. mudmedia

mudmedia Active Member

Aug 15, 2008
    If it is on the head itself how do i get it off? I am not suppose to touch the head with a swab is what I was told

4. ColoPrinthead

ColoPrinthead Swollen Member

Dec 17, 2009
    Donkeytown, Colorado
    I swab my heads on occasion. People act like these machines are made of glass.

5. mudmedia

mudmedia Active Member

Aug 15, 2008
    colo how often do you replace the soaking pad?

It just kind of was surprising I put a magenta ink in about a week ago and I am already showing low ink on magenta and that happens to be the colors of the dots so just making sure its not abnormal

6. ColoPrinthead

ColoPrinthead Swollen Member

Dec 17, 2009
    Donkeytown, Colorado
    I have been working with my 2 GSs since late January and replaced one pad. I only replace them when I feel they are too saturated and notice I am having more ink dripping from the carriage (not the heads). Kind of a subjective thing.

7. boxerbay

boxerbay Active Member

Nov 25, 2010
    Darkside of the Moon
    be sure your cleaning all the scabs off the bottom of the head carriage - get a light and stick your head in there. also the cap station clen it good. if there are scabs it will not seal good and you will get ink drops.