• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

GS6000 Magenta

mudmedia

I have been noticing some Magenta what i would call ink droplets at the side of the media when the head prints it leaves small minor magenta dots. I do a manual head cleaning twice a week and do a very light head cleaning on the lcd panel before it operates daily.

Is there something causing this that I should be looking at?

mudmedia

If it is on the head itself how do i get it off? I am not suppose to touch the head with a swab is what I was told

C

ColoPrinthead

I swab my heads on occasion. People act like these machines are made of glass.

mudmedia

colo how often do you replace the soaking pad?

It just kind of was surprising I put a magenta ink in about a week ago and I am already showing low ink on magenta and that happens to be the colors of the dots so just making sure its not abnormal

C

ColoPrinthead

I have been working with my 2 GSs since late January and replaced one pad. I only replace them when I feel they are too saturated and notice I am having more ink dripping from the carriage (not the heads). Kind of a subjective thing.

boxerbay

be sure your cleaning all the scabs off the bottom of the head carriage - get a light and stick your head in there. also the cap station clen it good. if there are scabs it will not seal good and you will get ink drops.