• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

GS6000 Service

feckmo

Hey all,

Does anyone have any recommendations for a good GS6000 service provider in the Northeast (specifically, Albany, NY)? This machine has been absolute junk since we bought it, and of course it is now out of warranty.

Epson sent a technician from DecisionOne (I think) a few months ago to fix the green and orange dropout issues we had from the beginning. That guy swapped out a printhead and the green ink, but in the process he also managed to dump a ton of orange and light cyan ink all over the inside of the printer and the floor of our shop. He eventually got it up and running, but now three of the colors (light magenta, light cyan and green) have completely dropped out again.

As much as I'd like to go all Office Space on this giant albatross of a printer, I guess we have to get it fixed. I'd prefer *not* to use DecisionOne after our terrible experience with them -- not to mention the fact that the brand new printhead they installed stopped working after three months -- so any suggestions I can get here would be great.

I'd also LOVE to get a copy of the GS6000 service manual if anyone has that.

Many thanks in advance.

--Jim.

C

ColoPrinthead

I've asked for quotes for work on our GS6000s from a few different techs in my area (trying to let someone else be liable for any screw ups) and they won't touch it. I think you have to do it through Epson only, another reason I don't like having these machines.

C

ColoPrinthead

I just may do that in the future. At this point I've sourced my parts and am waiting on a decision from ownership on whether they want to pay decision one or let me do it. Are your rates similar of those of decision one?

rubo

Just a thought - I hear a lot about problems w green etc - once you get the thing up and running, just print in CMYK mode only - been doing that forever, nobody told me it's not good enough - I'm talking about 9xxx series Epsons bit it should work on your machine also.

Rubo

feckmo

Just a thought - I hear a lot about problems w green etc - once you get the thing up and running, just print in CMYK mode only - been doing that forever, nobody told me it's not good enough - I'm talking about 9xxx series Epsons bit it should work on your machine also.

Rubo

THAT is an interesting idea -- how would I do that? Is there an option in the rip (ColorBurst), or do I need to set the files up differently?

All four of those channels are printing just fine...

jmcnicoll

When I was running a GS6000 we had a few issues, but decision one was there and fixed it in a timely manner.

rubo

THAT is an interesting idea -- how would I do that? Is there an option in the rip (ColorBurst), or do I need to set the files up differently?

All four of those channels are printing just fine...
Check your RIP - don't know about ColorBurst - will check out my RIP if it supports GS. If you don't hear from me then the answer is no. But any RIP worth anything should have the option to split the channels. I have my 9880 running in CMYK - the other four carts are filled w cleaning solution.

Rubo