• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

gs6000 URGENT HELP PLEASE

mudmedia

Hello,

I got a few rush orders to get done by the weekend and I am having problems with my printer...At first I thought was a contaminated roll it has like a blochy spot so I stopped clean head manually cleaned carriage maintenence hoping that was the issue...Reprint and that same spot is in the same location about every 4-8 inches...So then I figured bad roll I loaded up different media same thing happened....Same spot so I load up banner material that is rolled print side in and same thing...Its not as noticable on the banner but the same effect is in the same spot..What could this be? Im sorry Im working on getting photos up here if my email from my phone ever works. Its just a bad spot on the left side every 8 inches or so I cleaned the machine, whipped the rail strip with a lint free cloth and still is happening...Any help would be appreciated and Ill work on getting those photos up..

mudmedia

Well I think I found my issue and maybe any other gs6000 owners can answer and see if this would cause it....It seems as some how not sure if one of my employees dropped something on it or what but the updated media feed top round roller is bent and has a huge kink in it...that kink is right where the splotchyness is and the splotchyness comes every 5" exactly..I printed, it was still there lifted the bar and ran more prints and hasnt came across yet....

So now my question....Can I buy just that bar? Do I have to replace the whole updated media feed system? Not exactly sure how it got a kink in it but not to happy about it as I have wasted 7 prints that were on this take up roll and about 10 ft just playing around trying to fix it...oh the joys