• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help gs6000

avogadro

I have a gs6000 that has recently stopped any ink output. During head clean you can see the ink come out, when actually printing it prints nothing. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. This started after a black in damper change for clogged nozzels now nothing prints and the Epson repair center has no ideas.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
That's a classic blown head fuse on the main board. You have to unplug the printer and let it sit for 15 minutes before working on it. If you don't, the printer holds a residual charge and blows the fuses when you bump the head cables. Unfortunate;y those fuses are solder only and don't have a socket. So you wil have to solder a new fuse on or find someone who will do it for you. I don't know where the fuse is located on the Epson machines but it will be on the main board and may be labeled as F1 or F2 but you will need to confirm that with someone who has knowledge of that board.

avogadro

That's a classic blown head fuse on the main board. You have to unplug the printer and let it sit for 15 minutes before working on it. If you don't, the printer holds a residual charge and blows the fuses when you bump the head cables. Unfortunate;y those fuses are solder only and don't have a socket. So you wil have to solder a new fuse on or find someone who will do it for you. I don't know where the fuse is located on the Epson machines but it will be on the main board and may be labeled as F1 or F2 but you will need to confirm that with someone who has knowledge of that board.

the main board fuses were blown and , vram backed up new main board installed and loaded, still no ink output

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Check the fuses again to make sure they didn't just blow again. If something blew them before the new board and you didn't fix that issue before changing the board, it will just blow the fuse again. Most likely a bad head cable or another cable along the way. There is also a possibility that when the head fuses blew, something on the head itself blew as well which will cause it to not fire.

avogadro

Check the fuses again to make sure they didn't just blow again. If something blew them before the new board and you didn't fix that issue before changing the board, it will just blow the fuse again. Most likely a bad head cable or another cable along the way. There is also a possibility that when the head fuses blew, something on the head itself blew as well which will cause it to not fire.
you wouldn't happen to know if there is a fuse on the head board itself that will cause neither to fire? Its very frustrating that its been at the Epson repair center for 3 weeks and they cant figure it out either, before it went everything we could check was good. one 45 fuse on head board was dead but didn't know if it only powered when head was working.