• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Gs750 And Graphix Advantage 6.0

Whyzman

Hello,

We have a GS750 and Graphix Advantage 6.0. The Windows 95 computer we have been using along with a few others have found their way to the bone yard.

We love, and are still committed to our plotter and software and don't want to pony up for newer GA software, or move to a newer OS. We would like to be able to move up to a newer PC, or laptop. Thus, the question, would it be possible to run a virtual Win95 on a today's PC with appropriate adapters to incorporate the security dongle and be back in business? Yes, we purchased the software, have the dongle, and own our Win95 OS discs.

Thanks in advance,

Whyzman

Jburns

I understand where you are coming from--- but the upgrade to Omega 6.5 from GA is on special for about 845.00
After the hassle of trying to keep the old version- it may be worth updating.

Whyzman

The artist says he'll quit! : -) I think he means it.... LOL

We've got a good thing going...you know where we're coming from! If it ain't broke... Well, just the old PC. I suppose I could scavenge for parts and assemble another one. It's that it would be nice to adapt to a laptop rather than the lugging the tower around with us.

An OS upgrade is another headache.

Jburns

I hear you.. there are some Windows 95 installation kits, and computers for sale on Ebay - even a laptop for sale - but buyer beware with such old computers...

timgo

Graphics Designer
Hello,

We have a GS750 and Graphix Advantage 6.0. The Windows 95 computer we have been using along with a few others have found their way to the bone yard.

We love, and are still committed to our plotter and software and don't want to pony up for newer GA software, or move to a newer OS. We would like to be able to move up to a newer PC, or laptop. Thus, the question, would it be possible to run a virtual Win95 on a today's PC with appropriate adapters to incorporate the security dongle and be back in business? Yes, we purchased the software, have the dongle, and own our Win95 OS discs.

Thanks in advance,

Whyzman

I've send you a pm.