• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help GSP Plot 5.0 issues

I don't know what is happening here. About 9 months ago I bought a new computer and we had to reload all the programs, etc. I think it was after that time, that I noticed my summa D-750 plotter wasn't finishing cuts. For example, a helvetica capital R will plot with the lower left corner not a complete junction, like the knife blade isn't quite completing the square angle. It does it sometimes on the inside of letters too, not every letter though, any font any size. I called Summa tech support and emailed them a picture of what I'm experiencing. They suggested that the knife assembly / the part that lifts and drops the blade was worn out, buy a new one for $550.00...well, maybe? Just the other day a friend of mine gave me his brand new Graphtec plotter, I was planning on seeing this new plotter cut precise small letters, etc. Well, the new Graphtec plotter is doing the same thing!! Also, when I send a job to my Summa DC-4 printer, if there's lettering in the job, it's not cutting the letters properly either! This leads me to believe that there must be something in the GSP plot software, or is there a setting that is not activated? I am so frustrated!!!

Chasez

Some photos of the mis cuts would be good. First I would double check the artwork to make sure the shapes are closed. Second I would check in GSP plot -->Setup --> device select --> select plotter then press settings button. Check the settings in here (shut off so that it uses plotter settings). Then open GQMgr -->info --> double check cut settings (again turned off to use plotter settings). Open Summa Cutter control and select menu. Check the settings there (make sure to have overcut set). If that doesn't work, save the artwork from omega to a .eps file and open it in winplot. If it doesn't cut again it is not omega but the artwork itself.

Chaz