• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Guy flipping gasket inside DX5?...serious?? - (anyone speak Hindi? Urdu? or..??)

Atari

So it looks like this guy is suggesting to flip the gasket inside of a DX5 printhead in order to get more life out of it. But as you can see in the image, this leaves a portion of the.... ink wells (?)... exposed. Also I don't understand how the head would still have suction from the pump??....

What do you think?

Can anyone here translate?

Atari

Wait... there's no way that can work. The holes for the ink don't line up. I wonder what the heck he's saying? Maybe it's a joke video?

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Wonder what that bigmouth in the background is blabbering about. Sounds like he has a mouth full of marbles.

As for the turning around of gaskets and whatnot..... one of the main reasons I would not buy anything from that part of the world, knowingly.​

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
All the gasket does it create a seal between the manifold and head. Flipping it will do nothing and may even just fail completely in which case ink will flow out of the sides and fry the head. Flushing the manifold could fix an issue in some cases but the gasket either works or doesn't.