• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help GX-24 no conncetion

Alex C

Good Morning Ladies & Gentlemen,

Im having some kind of problem with a GX-24 the USB is not responding anymore 'not connceted'
I've even try via the Serial port also but no good..

Any help how to fix out this issue??

Thank you,

Alex

netsol

usb troubleshooting

try a new usb cable
plug into a different port on computer (see if you get "new hardware detected" window
plug a flash drive into usb port on computer (this shows the computers usb port is working)

if you have a 2nd computer (perhaps a laptop?) plug usb cable into a usb port. if you dont get a new hardware detected window, we begin to suspect that the usb port on mainboard is defective

if this is the case, we need to setup serial communication (this is not plug &play)
the good thing about serial port it is a lot more rugged than a usb and will probably work forever once it is setup

if you think you have the right cable (and usb to serial adapter if needed) we can match plotter settings to computerr settings and get you cutting again.

if you pm me, we can take a run at it tomorrow, if you like

Im having some kind of problem with a GX-24 the USB is not responding anymore 'not connceted'

Thank you,

Alex

timgo

Graphics Designer

Thank you,

Alex

Something is wrong with your RIP software.
Uninstall your RIP software and install it again.

decalman

Yes, it could be software. I used to have that problem with an old cam 24 Roland . I would restart the computer, and a drum roll and then woolah, the thing cuts the job. Always a relief when the thing went on.

victor6er

My gx-24 does this occasionally too. Assuming you don't really have a dead usb port heres what i do.
Unplug the usb cable. Shut down and reboot. Bring it all the way up. Plug it back in and turn the cutter back on. Then check to see if its detected in the roland main program (not the cutting program). Mine usually decides to show then. I'll look when i go in tomorrow for the steps i took the 1 time i needednto do something else.

netsol

alex

i sent you the link for user manual yesterday.
you need to be sure your serial cable is a CROSSOVER cable. this means 2 of the wires are reversed internally in the cable.

you can purchase a 9 pin or 24 pin crossover adapter (which ever type is appropriate) on amazon.

also do you have a serial port on the pc or are you usng a usb/serial adaptor?

its not a big deal to do this, but you need to be organized and do each step, it's trial and error.

i will work with you on the phone if it helps, but this is an exercise in patience.

the good news is that serial ports on plotter are practically indestructable, unlike a usb port that is fragile beyond belief. once we get you printing it should work practically forever

netsol

unless you are sure your cable is a crossover just buy a short crossover 9 pin male to female cable to put on the end of your existing cable. crossover and null modm are 2terms that mean the same thing, do either description is acceptable