Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GX-24 Problem ?

Discussion in 'Roland' started by Hoppy, Jan 26, 2008.

1. Hoppy

Hoppy New Member

Jan 26, 2008
    I recently purchased a used Roland GX-24 and have a problem with it not recognizing the vinyl in the machine. I’m using 15” Avery roll vinyl and have it covering both the front and rear sensing eyes. When I turn it on the fan runs, the blade holder pops up about 1/8”and the cutting head moves about ¼” to the right then back ¼” and the display reads “Select Sheet” then I hit enter for the roll option. Next the display reads “Sheet Unloaded”And that’s all I can do. I did try covering the sensing eyes with tape and got the same result. I also tried positioning the roll in different locations from left to right and I always make sure the rollers are on the white part of the bar.
    Any help you folks can give me will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Hoppy

Tags:
  2. Air Art Girl

Air Art Girl Very Active Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Make sure the pinch rollers are in the proper area and the sheet is clamped down. I usually have the vinyl pulled forward well past the eye.

3. Hoppy

Hoppy New Member

Jan 26, 2008
    Hi Ellen,

Thank you for your reply. I tried pulling more vinyl out but still have the same problem.
    I will attach some photos.

Thank you

Hoppy

Attached Files:

4. Air Art Girl

Nov 26, 2006
    push the lever on the back left corner to clamp the vinyl down. That should work

5. Hoppy

Hoppy New Member

Jan 26, 2008
    I did that also, still nothing.

Thank you

Hoppy

6. Air Art Girl

Nov 26, 2006
    call Roland tech support. I will check mine when I get to the shop and see if I can help figure it out.

7. weaselboogie

weaselboogie Very Active Member

Apr 23, 2006
    Us
    You need to go to

MENU>Calibration>media sensor> Enable/Disable

No, just kidding. It's broke.

Contact your roland dealer. He'll probably tell you that you have a bad sensor.

8. Hoppy

Hoppy New Member

Jan 26, 2008
    Hi,
    Thanks to all for your help. I took part of the machine apart, re-set some connections, and it now works fine!! Something may have come loose in shipping.
    Thanks again,
    Hoppy