• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

GX-24 Windows 7 Driver

D2S

I am having a hell of a time getting my Roland GX 24 to run with Windows 7 64 bit did anyone have any tips or know how to get this to work?

Adam

D2S

With Windows 7 64x bit I am getting it say no driver found when i plug and play and I am trying everything I can.. will try that Rep thanks

Replicator

I remember I did have some strange cutting issues at first using USB, so I went back to a parallel cable and now all is fine.

D2S

I have been using Roland Cut Studio I design in Illustrator and then use the plugin

Bly

Not sure how Windows 7 is set up but on my Vista 64 bit machine I found some devices simply would not work as there was no driver available.

javila

Shoot an email to roland, chances are they don't currently have 64 bit drivers.

I'm forced to keep an xp machine for three pieces of hardware until the mfgs step up with 64 bit support.

MichaelAlmand

don't know if this helps but i got win 7 64 bit and flexistarter 8.6 loaded it up using the flexi embeded GX-24 driver and usb. You can pick up a copy of flexi starter 8.6 with license on ebaY for $130, just set the rotate to 0 (not 90) on the plotter and it works fine. hope this helps flexi is a great buy for 130 on ebay.

Andrew O

Merchant Member
There is a 64 Bit driver on the website. Navigating from this page, (http://www.rolanddga.com/owners/support/productList.asp) simply choose the GX-24, then choose Setup/Install Guides. On that list, there is a readme file that outlines the procedure to install the driver in Windows 7, since it is not plug and play. Once you have that, download the driver from the pull down Drivers list on the same page.

It is still in beta, but we have been running it for some time here, and have had no issues with Vista 64 Bit. We have also had good luck with Windows 7, despite the somewhat convoluted installation procedure.

Hope that helps.

EMSbyDay

Just bumping this thread back up so I dont have to create a new one.

Has everyone resolved their Windows 7 issues with the GX-24? D2S have you been able to get the Roland CutStudio software to work?

I'm looking at upgrading my computer very soon and trying to decide if I can upgrade to 7 or if I'm stuck with XP. I have some video work I want to do but really need to be on 7 to do it.

thanx

stickygraphics12

EMS, if you get windows 7, you can go to microsofts website and download the virtual PC and Windows XP for free! I am currently using Windows 7 Professional and Flexi 7.6 in the XP virual PC and can run ALL of my equipment and programs in both 7 and XP.

It will take some time to configure everything , but don't be afraid of windows 7. They actually got it right this time!

stickygraphics12

I know professional has a way of running older style programs in a compatibility mode. When I downloaded xp virual pc it said nothing about it.

OldPaint

i got WIN 7 RC version, and loaded ROLAND DRIVER to it, i can cut direct from COREL DRAW X3. to my CX-300...no problem

greenmachine

Virtual PC must be WIn 7 Professional or higher. When you go to download it it asks what version you have. If you choose anything below Professional it won't let you download it.

greenie

DRamm76

Remove ALL the previous installed programs and download the driver directly from Roland's site. Had all my customers do this and when it's done fresh from the start it will work without fail