• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help GX-500 going through cut strips quick

kheebl

I have a gx-500 that I have been using to cut window tint for a local tinter. My question is there a cheap place to buy cut strips in bulk. I am going through them like crazy. It’s not a blade depth or pressure issue because any less depth of the blade (which is just barely out) will not cut the tint and the pressure is perfect any less and it won’t cut. Basically I can get a few vehicles done then I start cutting all the way through just at my origin point and a few inches over. If this strip didn’t have adhesive to hold it in place I would just flip it 180 and have a fresh strip.

kheebl

Check to make sure yo don't have glue buildup under that end, and it's holding the strip up.

Does your blade sit over the strip in the exact center? If not...... Instead of flipping it over, try swapping ends left and right.

I use adhesive remover when I change out the strip so there is no glue buildup. The blade does not go over the center I’d say probably 1/3 of the way into the strip. That’s what I meant when I said rotate it 180. With all the glue I don’t think I can save the strip upon removal, I might try next time to see what happens if I only remove small portions of adhesive then maybe I can save and reuse it for another few days.