• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

GX 640 Roland VW issues

TonyBPS

Perhaps anyone can assist me,

I have an issue with my gx640 cutter not wanting to work with my Vw rip

Here are my stats:

VP 540
VS 540
GX 640
VW 4.6.1
Windows OS 7 Ultimate

Ive tried the driver install as per instructions from both Japan & USA

Ive even purchased a USB Print Server Dlink as i noticed someone had posted that solution.

And no luck at all (ive tried both USB plug direct to PC and the printserver and still no joy).

Im lost and dont know how to get around this issue

Kind regards

Tony B

If anyone could just point me in the right direction it would be sooooo appreciated.

MichaelAlmand

Im expecting mine to come in this week when the tech will set it all up, if you don't get a fix for it I can assist you with it later this week when I watch the tech set it up.
Thank you

TonyBPS

Thanks for the reply Lenwardus

I downloaded the latest firmware and installed it, so there is communication between the cutter and the pc but for some reason VW fails to recognise the cutter after the firmware update im also running VW 4.6.1

so im really lost for words at the moment, im having the guys from roland come over on wednesday to look at it.

TonyBPS

Im expecting mine to come in this week when the tech will set it all up, if you don't get a fix for it I can assist you with it later this week when I watch the tech set it up.
Thank you

Thanks Michael,

Any help is always welcome,

Ive got Roland to come out on this Wednsday so ill post it up here too when we find the fault.

Thanks for the help

lenwardus

I know someone who had a problem with their gx-640.
It would not function correctly and under warranty the
board was replaced. Still didn't work.

Finally found that one of the control panel buttons
Was stuck ..down..jammed. Might check those.

MichaelAlmand

Did you figure it out. I am now having same issues and the tech told me to call Roland wtf......

Thanks Michael,

Any help is always welcome,

Ive got Roland to come out on this Wednsday so ill post it up here too when we find the fault.

Thanks for the help

TonyBPS

GX 640 is working but not on the desired PC (at least both workstations are in a network so we can still use it the way it was intended)

The issue was Windows 7 Ultimate, we still need to verify that this will be the solution but the USB ports need to be un-installed and re-installed (drivers)

As we found its causing conflict with other digitally signed hardware that has been allocated to those ports.

So we installed the cutter on a XP pc and have versaworks running on that machine too so we can see both printers also the GX.

All we do is save the print files on PC A (in the respective folder where the artwork is located), open the files on PC B (it will ask you where the original artwork file is and all you do is locate it and select it, then it will load the VW job file), then drag to cutter, done.

The Roland tech installed the drivers very differently to what the tutorials or manual describe.

He selected com1 port instead of usb port, then plugged the GX into the usb, the pc then installed the usb driver from the disc, XP corrected the "error" (com1 - usb) and then VW picked up the GX.

Ill post feedback once we have re-installed the drivers to the usb and see if Windows 7 picks up the cutter.