• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

GX24 cutstudio poor graphic trace lines

Taurusndixie

I am sure others have this problem too, if not will someone
please explain why cutstudio ( trace function ) will not outline detailed
graphics precise for cutting. Only outlining squares, circles, rectangles works good.

Is there an upgrade for cutstudio that addresses this ?
Has anyone tried tracing a graphic in corel and then export it to cutstudio for cutting ?
How about just using corel, trace the graphic in a certain color, then have the cutter cut the trace outline color?

Any ideas,

Thanks,
Don

Taurusndixie

Thanks for the reply.

So, then is it possible to go completely around cutstudio using
only Corel ? If the cutter will read crop marks from Corel,
then in theory there would be no need for cutstudio.
Cutter could just read a color trace line around graphics.
Maybe resolution would have to be higher for the cutter to read.

Thanks,

Don

Taurusndixie

Thanks for the replies.
I too have been cutting from Corel forever.
My question was not about cutting sign vinyl from Corel.

Using a Epson with durabright inks, print graphics on ink receptive
vinyl. The excess vinyl material in and around the grahic needs trimming. To do this, Cut Studio software will trace it using blue outlines and put registration marks on the print that the GX 24 will recongnize. However, the tracing feature in CutStudio is not very accurate.

I would like to bypass CutStudio, use the better tracing methods of Corel. Print from corel the grahic with registration marks and the blue traced outline that the GX 24 will recognize ( as it does from CutStudio ).

I want use trace and cut grahics for T shirts as well.

If there is a way to do it, I will figure it out.

Thanks again,

CaveMan