• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

GXX Expert 24 keeps cutting outlines around logo

s.hack

Hi, I'm doing my first job with this cutter and most things have been going well. I bitmap traced some designs which came out well. The only problem I have is getting a proper logo cut. The client supplied an Ai file which I opened in Corel Draw, deleted the color elements but kept the logo only (using wire-frame view). When I saved the outline as EPS then opened it in Greatcut it was blank, even with a .001mm outline. So I tried adding a fill and it cut, but with multiple outlines/in lines around the letters. I'm having trouble getting the logo to come out right. Am I using the wrong lines? Do I have to convert the Ai lines into curves? I've managed to learn how to convert and weld letters manually but I cant seem to get this one to come out right! I think it has something to do with the lines I'm using. I have to have this ready for tomorrow :(

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

s.hack

Just following up. The problem was that I was not deleting the bitmap after getting the lines traced. Now everything is working perfect!
Thanks.