• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

H700 communcation issue

artbot

i have an issue (printer worked perfectly yesterday).

my printer "runs" the file/print but nothing comes out of any of the heads. blank on test print, blank on printing a file.

i got two errors that may be related (i get errors here and there that you can just "try again" and you're good to go.)

error 1217 "it's failed to set parameter to the GPIO"
and
error 1429 "failed to stop the usb board"

i spoke with an efi rastek support guy, he said that those errors would not have let the printer do anything at all. asked for me to make sure my cables were seated. but had
nothing else.

has anyone had experience with their printer "printing nothing". i once heard it could be encoder reader or head board related.

artbot

the CETfk was part of a partnership. that printer was really bad. maybe it just didn't travel well to it's next install. whatever the case, still to this day (i haven't seen in over a year) i hear that it's still not working properly. i then bought this super old daytona rasterprinter (h700) and although a bit finicky, it's been pretty decent. especially considering i paid nothing for it. the guts of an H700 are basically CET so it's very familiar to maintain.

artbot

UPDATE:

(fairly alarming day of printer repair)

i changed the "power board" (small board that attaches to the printer control board) - no difference
i changed the printer control board - no difference

utility at pc
reset the printhead control board - checks okay
test the transmission card - checks okay
test the communication between the pc&head - checks okay

I see myself in the future making calls telling people "i have no idea when your pieces will be delivered".

hope someone has some insight. much appreciated.

aa

Attachments

• D3 NOT BLINKING.jpg
    D3 NOT BLINKING.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 158

artbot

UPDATE:

put on a new USB control board. the little green light did light up. finally.

as soon as the printer began to run the file, the light went off.

restarted the printer, the light remained off.

__

anyone with an H650, H652, H700, could someone check the behavior of this little green LED. pretty exhausted on this one.

thanks
aa

Zooom

Optical cable

If it uses optical cable to move data to the head I would clean connectors and think about replacing it

artbot

been working on the printer. Nicky of AOjet has helped me so much.

checked J17 continuity from the print head control board to the multifunction board. with Nicky's recommendation.

he also suggested waveform settings being wrong. he may have located the issue.

on my printer/rip:
the waveform setting is setting itself to the default CA4_Analogue_6pl. it's supposed to be CA4_SericolUV. no matter what i do when "writing" the new
settings (restart PC, restart RIP, restart PC and printer, etc), the settings remain at CA4_Analogue_6pl.

Hopefully this is a firmware thing that can be reinstalled. Might be a board (all seem to check out good) that is rejecting the settings.

artbot

does anyone have any experience installing firmware on rastek equipment?

I believe the next step is to reinstall. But don't know how. I found three things on the pc that came with the printer.

files:
EFI_Rastek_H700_Onyx7.3
and
F1_180UV_BA_CA4_PN.116-0378-012_v.1.4.0.2 (20090619)

and an icon called "install" (two gears in the image)

One would assume that the F1 might be some kind of utility that allows the printer to register the print heads settings (mine currently won't set correctly). I'll record all my settings before "going for it". In the past,
I've had bad luck with firmware. Clicking this stuff can really send printers into frenzies without knowing what to do.

thanks in advance.

Louis Grégoire

I have the sane issue with one of my H700 and the other one gives mt a 3201 error fail to connect to print heads, I talk to the EFI tech and he told me that it is a common problem with these printers
but offered no solution as they are not sure what is causing it or how to fix it. apparently I have a bad printhead control board on both machines. I only have mt H652 up and running now one out of 3 printers. I am loosing money hand over fist

Audrey0707

Hi i know you made this post a long time ago but i have the same kind of issues with my h700. I'm not able to change the wave form setting because it change itself to default too. I was wondering if you have finally made it works and if it works what did you do ?

been working on the printer. Nicky of AOjet has helped me so much.

checked J17 continuity from the print head control board to the multifunction board. with Nicky's recommendation.

he also suggested waveform settings being wrong. he may have located the issue.

on my printer/rip:
the waveform setting is setting itself to the default CA4_Analogue_6pl. it's supposed to be CA4_SericolUV. no matter what i do when "writing" the new
settings (restart PC, restart RIP, restart PC and printer, etc), the settings remain at CA4_Analogue_6pl.

Hopefully this is a firmware thing that can be reinstalled. Might be a board (all seem to check out good) that is rejecting the settings.