• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Hack for a pounce wheel CE5000-120?

G-Artist

A few years back I got the 48" machine with an eye to make pounce patterns for paint jobs - or so I thought.

I really did think that I had done due diligence as when I called several dealers for pricing on the unit I asked how much extra a pounce wheel was and each and every company that me a quote for the wheel with several stating they'd toss one in for free. Not one said that a pounce wheel for that model was not available.

So, I assumed that the CE5000 had one available....NOT!!!

Anyway, anyone find a way to make any brand of pounce wheel work in the CE5000?

Jillbeans

When I ordered my CE-500060 in November I did order the pounce attachment for an additional $98. It never came.
Love....Jill

sinetist

I don't know about the Graphtec pounce attachment but when I bought my Summa plotter I asked about their pounce device. I was advised against it because of the excessive up/down working of the cut/pounce head. If I need a pounced pattern I pen plot the design on paper then use a hand held pounce wheel. Takes longer but works fine.

OldPaint

run the pattern on paper, with an ink pen, POUNCE BY HAND.......is 50 times faster then a plotter in POUNCE MODE!!!!!
CHECK FELLERS....... page 106.........they call it a PINWHEEL........get the $28.00 ONE...............MAKES FOR FASTER POUNCING..........

G-Artist

I have 3 pounce wheels of varying sizes. And I have a special 4' x 8' sheet of some unknown soft material I use to pounce on. I have been doing those by hand for more years then I care to admit to. I thought it time to enter the digital era for doing that. I still do them on a friend's 20+ year-old Graphtec 24" machine and tile where necessary. That's a royal pain.

I miss my old shop where I had the wall space to electro-pounce.

The later version of Graphtec have those pounce attachments available (FC). I should have bought the 54" machine but at the time I thought it would be overkill and space is always a problem.

I am a bit steamed that no one uttered a sound about the CE's not having them. Not even the techs who were working the trade shows.

RiXaX

I've had the pounce attachment on both of my Graphtec's.
Not a wheel...a pin that bounces down through the paper.
I can adjust the size of the hole by setting the depth of the plunge with the tapered pin.
I can adjust the spacing between holes.
I can pen plot and then pounce over the pen lines.
I assume the pounce to be a file that can be downloaded and the tool just fits into where the blade holder goes.
It's real simple and we use it almost daily.

Replicator

I have a pen attachment on my CX-300 and then that can be pounced.

Never even thought plotters could pounce . . .

G-Artist

I've had the pounce attachment on both of my Graphtec's.
Not a wheel...a pin that bounces down through the paper.
I can adjust the size of the hole by setting the depth of the plunge with the tapered pin.
I can adjust the spacing between holes.
I can pen plot and then pounce over the pen lines.
I assume the pounce to be a file that can be downloaded and the tool just fits into where the blade holder goes.
It's real simple and we use it almost daily.

Are either of them in the same family as mine? If so, I need to know more.

Seems to me the 5000 series is the only series to NOT have one available as both older and newer models, regardless of size (width) have them.