• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Had some fun with my own boat on Friday!

WYLDGFI

Merchant Member
My buddy and I installed the wrap on my boat friday. Gotta love that its been generating some local interest as well. Figured I would share the results here. Wound up about 3/4 of an inch off vertically at the bow on 2 of the 3 alignment points. Not terrible IMO.

Attachments

• In Water.jpg
    In Water.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 116
  • Wrap Start.jpg
    Wrap Start.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 96
  • Wrap Side 2.jpg
    Wrap Side 2.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 100
  • WRAP DONE.jpg
    WRAP DONE.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 94

WYLDGFI

Merchant Member
Thanks!!
I don't even have a "before" photo. 2005 hull with Florida sun damaged gel-coat that was just nasty. Buffed it out 2x to get it smooth before applying.

WYLDGFI

Merchant Member
Oh...and the company logos will be on the OB motor covers...gotta write off the "therapy trips" :thumb:

JBusch260

3m IJ 180 CV3. Was about 65 feet of printing.

Very sharp. How about the laminate and edges? Did you seal it, tape it? Also, salt or fresh water? Haha sorry for all the questions. My folks have a boat that I wanted to see if I could help them spruce the looks up on.

WYLDGFI

Merchant Member
Oh yeah....laminated with 8518 and sealed the bottom waterline and stern. Bow was sealed as well with additional lam and edge sealer. Have to put striping below the top rail to finish this off as well.

JBusch260

Oh yeah....laminated with 8518 and sealed the bottom waterline and stern. Bow was sealed as well with additional lam and edge sealer. Have to put striping below the top rail to finish this off as well.

Very nice! Thanks for the info. Much appreciated. Enjoy!

WYLDGFI

Merchant Member
It really was a fun project from laying it out to the install. I was more there to hold the vinyl and make sure it didnt hit the ground! Learned quite a bit from my buddy and he has a summer of fishing to look forward too now as well! I'll post pics of it again soon once I finish up a couple other things with it.