• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Halftone question (maybe?)

tim99

Hello everyone. Got a screen printing job to quote but im not sure how im going to do this exactly. the inner grey circle is a 40% black and each circle drops down by 5% after that. is this an affect i can get using half tones? or am i better off mixing ink and burning a screen for each shade?

Thanks in advance for your help Zone.jpg

d fleming

Halftones can do that. First, do you have a proper light/exposure system for successful halftone shooting?

tim99

yes I can burn halftones, I do admit tho I have very limited experience with them. So burn the "grey" screen with halftones then print with black on the white base ?

FireSprint.com

Trade Only Screen & Digital Sign Printing
That could potentially be run with a black, green and red screen. It depends on the resolution/viewing distance you're going for.

tim99

Not sure how well these colors will show up on a black shirt without a white base. if i could get the white ink to work with me I might be able to get away with burning the half tones into that screen instead. or does that sound like a far stretch?