• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Halo-letters using .080 faces and .063 returns? Sources?

SignPros

We build channel-letters in house using .040 and .063 all the time, and have built halo-letters. But an existing customer is opening a new franchise business, and the corporate office specifies in their signage sheet that the halo letters for his sign be built with .080 faces and .063 returns. They will be lexan-backed and stud-mounted off the surface. We're so busy right now that we honestly don't have time to spend on this project, so I'm looking for an outsource and have been unsuccessful so far because of the gauge specs. Anybody have any recommendations? I didn't see anybody in the merchant directory.

MikePro

wicked. we go .090" minimum for halo letter faces, but usually .125", as with thinner metals you can get "hot spots" where you weld the returns.

henryz

That should be standard if you are contacting actual sign shops to do the letters. We do like Mike and use .125 faces with .050 returns but .063 work. I you trying to find someone local or it doesn't matter as long as you get them in time and on budget?