• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Halo lit Letters on Gloss backer panel

Jb1983

Well I just learned that this is a no go. Unfortunately the gloss acts as a mirror and the whole halo effect doesn't really happen and you see all the silicone, studs etc in the reflection.

Live and learn eh!

Yeah, you need to use a diffuser vinyl on the background, almost any background. We have also used the frost vinyl on the substrate, works almost the same as diffuser.
Depending on your letter size etc, you can router cut matt clear polycarb or similar and mount that inside your letters to also diffuse
the leds. This method is a lot of work, but if you need to have the glossy background, this is a good way to resolve that. Good luck!

bowtievega

Premium Subscriber
We use a lot of light diffusing white polycarbonate for halo letter backs. Still let’s enough light thru and the reflection does not show any of the module shadows like clear. Visibly looks better than clear with diffuser.

Jb1983

These letters have white poly carbonate letter backs, I don’t see any of the leds in the reflection just the studs/silicone and it’s more of a sharp edge rather than a halo.

I was planning on painting the backer panel flat black as it would be alot cheaper than vinyl wrap.

Attachments

• 7B598CB3-40D8-4E45-A1E0-D3309B073031.jpeg
    7B598CB3-40D8-4E45-A1E0-D3309B073031.jpeg
    57.7 KB · Views: 215