• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Harsh week

TammieH

This has been a tough we at our little 2.5 man sign shop. Rick, our installer/silk screen person/site survey tech/vinyl installer...you name it he can do it;
yesterday he fell off a ladder, couldn't have been 14' to the top of the sign. Results, fractured skull and brain hemorrhaging.

We have been working together for 4 years and have developed one of those special bonds that coworkers develop when installing in crazy weather
and dealing with whatever comes up from time to time.

Please keep him in your thoughts

I did find out that he is improving, hope to find out more tonight...

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Good thoughts and prayers are out to him for a full..... and speedy recovery. :thumb:

Baz

Wishing him a full and speady recovery! 14' is not that high but if you land in an akward position ... Anything can happen.

704signs

As an installer myself I understand and really feel bad for him. Let this be a reminder to all of us how careful we need to be when working on ladders no matter how high.

TammieH

Update on Rick

I went to see Rick again last night, they took him into surgery earlier in the day, they removed part of his cranium to relieve pressure.
The nurse said that he has improved some since, his face was all swollen, so he couldn't open his eyes much. He did reach out, and gave
me his hand, so that is something and mumbled "it hurts" ...

Its going to be a very long recovery for him...

:-(

Never take anything for granted, you never know how much time you have to accomplish your dreams!

Thank you everyone for your concern and well wishes

GWSigns

Thanks Tammie for the update. Will keep the prayers going, please keep us posted.

Prayers for you, his family, and those who work with you as well, it is never easy to watch someone you care for battling for health.