• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Has anybody here printed on.....

Rooster

Hahnemuhle torchon with eco solvent inks?

Just wondering if there was any issue of the solvents eating away the paper.

Typically, there is no chemical reaction that occurs between solvents (or 'eco' solvents) and natural fibers like cellulose paper. I would expect the ink to wick into the paper, similar to a sponge, and color will be very fuzzy and muted.

I would be shocked if this combination (ink + media) produced sellable output for watercolor fine art reproduction purposes.

Rooster

I've used aqueous medias in the past that didn't wick up the ink as you suggest. For instance using epson's backlit media with a clay coating produced great results with no bleeding of the ink when it hit the clay coating.

As I understand it all the fine art stock for digital print (aqueous) will have a similar ink receptive coating. Do you know of something that affects the art stocks differently than other aqueous treated medias?

I've used a water colour paper from lexjet that was designed for eco solvents, but this client loves the Torchon and doesn't want to switch stocks.

I've used aqueous medias in the past that didn't wick up the ink as you suggest. For instance using epson's backlit media with a clay coating produced great results with no bleeding of the ink when it hit the clay coating.

As I understand it all the fine art stock for digital print (aqueous) will have a similar ink receptive coating. Do you know of something that affects the art stocks differently than other aqueous treated medias?

I've used a water colour paper from lexjet that was designed for eco solvents, but this client loves the Torchon and doesn't want to switch stocks.

There is no way to predict the reaction between sol ink and uncoated cellulose paper. In my experience, it has never produced satisfactory results. Your results may vary.