• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Has Anyone Ever Tried This?

Mimi9271

I am using an Arizona 1260, roll feed. I am printing a 34' backlit piece on clear air egress vinyl (to be hand mounted to face of 1/4" milk lexan) Here's the question: Can I first print a black mask layer (most of the image is completely blocked out with intricate, unusual shapes that will be backlit ) Then, roll back on roll feed (somehow register an exact start point) and then print the day/nite image on top? Has anyone tried registering a print to over print it on the roll feed? Is this crazy talk? lol

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
Realistically - no.
Because you cannot easily set the RMO to stop exactly where you want it to align the prints.

You could try with a small test, but i wouldn't count on it.

Mimi9271

Realistically - no.
Because you cannot easily set the RMO to stop exactly where you want it to align the prints.

You could try with a small test, but i wouldn't count on it.
Pretty much what I thought...but just wanted to throw it out there. Thanks for the reply : )

Mimi9271

Done it several times, but only when I a large tolerance is accepted. AS Pauly said, almost impossible to re align.
Well....the plot thickens! After calling Canon support for guidance... it may work. By creating registration marks aligned with the roll feed plate, annnnd accounting for the 2" take up at the beginning of the print, Voila! I'm about to do a scaled test piece. Stay tuned! LOL

Joseph44708

I Drink And I Know Things
Its stupid easy.
Put your media in straight and taught. Use masking tape to mark your starting points including side to side. Then press send.
When printing second pass align media with your marks and press send again.
TahDah.
I do this when customer wants something printed on the back of there 2.50x3.50 decals.
Perfect every time.

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
Its stupid easy.
Put your media in straight and taught. Use masking tape to mark your starting points including side to side. Then press send.
TahDah.
I do this when customer wants something printed on the back of there 2.50x3.50 decals.
Perfect every time.

Do you have an Oce Arizona? have you used one?

Mimi9271

Its stupid easy.
TahDah.
Perfect every time.
I had a good result. I printed a target (circle with cross hairs) First , initialize roll feed. Then , mark registration lines (lined up with platen) Print. Then roll back to registration lines. Print again. I got it to work on point several times before trying a 50"x 36" print. It completely worked. Only thing now is adjusting blocker layer so that the colors maintain integrity when backlit.

Joseph44708

I Drink And I Know Things
Hey Pauly, I guess you can do this on a Arizona.
If I can do it on a Seiko and a Roland and Mimi9271 is doing it on his Arizona 1260 then I guess your Thumbs Down was a little premature.
When a chalenge comes along I go back to basics and think Outside the box.
I never say It can't be done.