• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question Has anyone had the Minuteman Press business evaluation, I got a letter in the post!

john maughan

I got a mailer from them offering a free business evaluation, just wondered if this was a blanket approach or have i been targeted?

BTW, I don't want to sell my business - just interested to find out if this is genuine or not. I was approached by a LARGE franchise a while back that had my business pretty much as a case study in its brochure. I'm very wary of franchises.

Stacey K

I like making signs
I didn't realize they were still around. I worked at one as my first job out of college. It was a nice little business, too bad the boss was a drunk and it closed LOL

Joseph44708

I Drink And I Know Things
I own some rental property and I get daliy calls from so called investors that want to buy my property.
I tell them somebody knocked on my door and made me an offer, half on the books and half in cash and I can keep the rental income for the next eight months. They all say thats illegal and you shouldnt do it. I say make me a better offer and they hang up.
I do this while running three printers and two cutters. I have to have fun too.

WYLDGFI

Merchant Member
Minuteman is a local client of ours and had expanded in the past year. They acquired 2 shops we print for already and continue to print for them now. We never received any letters but Im guessing the offers given to my other 2 clients couldn't be passed up.

Reveal1

Pure speculation, but I'm guessing they have seen the profit in the print industry continue to shift away from quick print and are looking to enable franchises to consolidate through acquisition and add wide format for profitability and diversification. They (Minuteman corporate) likely get a cut on the transaction and of course franchise fees. One opened new across street from one of my quickprint customer/supplier and is promoting signs, banners etc. (I think they sub) Won't be long before you are competing with Minuteman.

Joseph44708

I Drink And I Know Things
Pure speculation, but I'm guessing they have seen the profit in the print industry continue to shift away from quick print and are looking to enable franchises to consolidate through acquisition and add wide format for profitability and diversification. They (Minuteman corporate) likely get a cut on the transaction and of course franchise fees. One opened new across street from one of my quickprint customer/supplier and is promoting signs, banners etc. (I think they sub) Won't be long before you are competing with Minuteman.
BRING IT.
Im also set up to do offset printing and I can beat them up on the price.
Don't think i'll loose any customers to them.