• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Has anyone lettered a 30' garbage dumpster?

madzone

Has anyone lettered a 30' garbage dumpster? I have a customer needing 5 30' dumpsters lettered both sides and front with just his name 30" tall x 27' long at a slight diagonal. The dumpsters are ribbed, (not a flat surface). How much longer does it take to letter a surface like that, and how much do people charge for something like that?

Ken Sankey

Vinyl or paint? A single name that will go between the ribs or a laundry list? Just checking, I have a client who I print decals roughly 30"x 36" that he applies to 3 sides of his dumpsters. Same decals for all three sizes of his dumpsters. Need more info to create an accurate guestimate.

madzone

It would be in vinyl, his name would be 30 inches high x 27 feet long, and his phone number about 1' high x 10' long.

J Hill Designs

well, start with how long will it take in your guess, and how much materials...etc...then price it off your shop rate/std material markup...

Ken Sankey

Time, material, prep time, drive time, your shop rate. Probably a intermediate vinyl as these things get beat to heck. Best it will ever look is after your done. You could do a quanity discount after 5 or 10. With text going between ribs thats extra effort to layout a job like that, don't cut youself short.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Do it right and paint it if it has corrugated ribs. Vinyl will end up looking like trash..... [no pun there, huh ??]