• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Has anyone Purchased the new S60600 printer

ARSPrinting

Hello, I am currently a Roland user and I am seriously considering switching to the Epson S60600 printer. Does anyone use this printer on a daily basis with the Onyx Thrive software? Our printing focuses on backlit signs, adhesive backed decals, and banners. Please share your experiences with this printer the good and the bad!
Thank you!

jfiscus

Rap Master
I think you are referring to the 80600 series. We have seen it demo'd and it looks even more awesome than our current generation 70670/70675 printers that we love. We run Onyx 11 here and do a LOT of large prints/runs. Tried latex and wasn't happy, so we went with Epson and love it.

ChrisN

I think you are referring to the 80600 series. We have seen it demo'd and it looks even more awesome than our current generation 70670/70675 printers that we love. We run Onyx 11 here and do a LOT of large prints/runs. Tried latex and wasn't happy, so we went with Epson and love it.
The 80600 is a 10 color machine, the 60600 is dual CMYK.

We have a S80600 at both of our locations, and we like them. We've only had 1 major problem with one of the printers - an ink connection was not tightened down properly from factory, and yellow ink leaked out. We were down for 2 days while the tech cleaned it up. The other printer has had no problems, and overall we're quite happy with them.

ProColorGraphics

Haha. I was just about to type out about having a S80. I love my S80 too!! I am using Caldera, but haven't had any real issues at all! I also have a S70675 and the S80 is WAY faster. I can't image how fast the S60 is. I did the S80 as I needed the extra quality/gamut over the speed. Good Luck!

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
Hello, I am currently a Roland user and I am seriously considering switching to the Epson S60600 printer. Does anyone use this printer on a daily basis with the Onyx Thrive software? Our printing focuses on backlit signs, adhesive backed decals, and banners. Please share your experiences with this printer the good and the bad!
Thank you!

For those applications the HP Latex would be a pretty perfect solution. What does the Epson sell for? Have you been educated on Latex yet?

ProColorGraphics

I am running a S70 (10 color) and a S80 (w/ silver). I LOVE them!! I had the first 3 generations of HP latex printers before that. They all have worked great, I just choose to go for ultra high quality over speed. For me, the white and silver have been a great asset! I will say that a good RIP and being able to make your own profiles does help a lot with the Epson's, which I am sure is true for any printer.

daenterpri

For anyone using the S80600 or the S60600, is the eco-solvent noticeable? Considering the move from Latex to get better color but we don't want our shop to smell like solvent.

Also, how long do you guys let your prints outgas before laminating with these printers? We were told they need to sit 6 hours before laminating. We mostly print stickers.

Thanks!

jfiscus

Rap Master
We don't mind the smell as it isn't that bad. Our latex was more "stinky" than the Epson printers we have now are. For quality, long term signage you should wait a few hours before laminating, but for shorter-term projects you can laminate them almost right off the printer. I would wait at least 1/2 hr before laminating whenever possible, but in emergencies we have pulled them right off the printer and laminated them without any issues.