• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Has anyone tried to contour cut twice on same job?

carlroger

Hi guys! New to this forum, so I hope you can help me. I'm trying to do this:
  • Print an image and contour cut
  • Laminate the print
  • Contour cut again, 2 cm outside the whole image
This is for a floor print with floor laminate. The idea behind this is to have a margin or bleed of pure laminate to seal the print around the edges.

What I've tried to do is to place two different cut lines in the image and get the plotter to cut only one - laminate - cut the other. But it won't allow me to do this.

The printer is a Seiko ColorPainter M-64s and the plotter is a Summa S2 160 Class T series. The printer/cutter software is Caldera.

I hope that I've explained myself enough and that you guys can help.

Best regards

Carl

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
You have to use the registration marks to do this so if you are weeding them off , that is the problem. You need to figure out how to keep them on and then you will be able to do what you are wanting to do.

myront

CorelDRAW is best
two cuts on the first go around - 1 actual cut to shape the other a larger contour around. Weed out then laminate. Now a 3 cut line in between the 2 others. Delete the orig two then cut.

burgmurk

two cuts on the first go around - 1 actual cut to shape the other a larger contour around. Weed out then laminate. Now a 3 cut line in between the 2 others. Delete the orig two then cut.
Exactly how i did it. Biggest hassle was our roll-fed laminator didn't do a very good job and we had to hand apply the laminate. Times like that you wish you had a rolls-roller.

HDvinyl

Trump 2020
You have to use the registration marks to do this so if you are weeding them off , that is the problem. You need to figure out how to keep them on and then you will be able to do what you are wanting to do.
ContourCut around the reg marks.