• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Hats Off!

Bradley Signs

Bradley Signs
SHORPY_Anacin_Billboard_1950s.jpg
I just wanted to give a Hats Off to the guys who painted these spectacular Boards back in the old days.
The art work was a big inspiration to me as a kid....

SHORPY_Anacin_Billboard_1950s.preview.jpg

Last edited:

Gino

Premium Subscriber
On no....... I can't see, I can't see...................................:covereyes:

visual800

started as a designer at lamar outdoor I think in 86 and they told me I would be going out and standing on swing stages painting....I loved it. I was young and determined. Had a couple of ground painters in the shop that were tops!

unclebun

One of the first jobs I had when I started in signs included painting pictorials on three billboards for an equine supply company. Giant pictures of horses plus lettering. It was surprisingly easy compared to making the same painting on a small canvas to display in your house. Then about a year or two later I did the drawings in Corel for a mural on the side of a big indoor playplace/tunneltown/amusement park. I didn't go out and help with the paintings on that one, and we never did any more after that. Computer all the way ever since!