Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Have A chance to buy a Roland PNC1100 CAMM 1 - 24"

Discussion in 'Roland' started by Shock40, Aug 20, 2011.

1. Shock40

Shock40 New Member

Aug 20, 2011
    Hello I am new this site. The question I am asking is that I have a chance to Buy a Roland PNC1100 CAMM 1 - 24" it has no software or cables and they tell me they are getting a message saying "operating error, can't find limit". The cost for this is $100.00 should I go for it or Do not spend the money on it?

Tags:
  2. CS-SignSupply

CS-SignSupply Very Active Member

Don't recommend it. Such an old and limited cutter already showing errors. Can not find parts for this unit either, except radio shack if you know what you are looking for.

Invest in a newer cutter and avoid the problems. Let me know if CiberSupply can help.

3. neato

neato Very Active Member

May 16, 2003
    Henderson, IL
    However, if you can get it to run, those cutters are built like a tank. Very reliable (although a bit slower than modern machines)

4. CheapVehicleWrap

CheapVehicleWrap Very Active Member

Dec 2, 2008
    yep tank. gave mine away worked perfect

5. OldPaint

OldPaint Major Contributor

with an error message like that..........it could be a problem. BUT......when you turned ot on, got that message....did you:
    1. have it just sitting.......pinch rollers up?
    2. did you load any media in to it, and drop the pinch rollers?
    3. was it connected to a computer?
    4. i had 2 of these workhorses............it is a ROLAND older professional model. it is better then a new CM-24. parts are STILL AVAILABLE... for $100....for me, i would take it.
    i had a pnc-1000. it would give an error message EVERY TIME i went to cut with it, but i always did what was given to it. sometimes these older machines cant work with newer OS's. as it was with my 1000. worked fine with win 3.11 amd win 95, 98. when i loaded win 98 SE......... then i started to get that error message.