• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

have a request for a 200denier nylon for banners

gabagoo

Anybody know a source for this and also how does it screen print? A pain to deal with? special inks required?

I figure on a count of 200 or more that screen printing 2 spot colours has to be a better option than digital printing.

I also wonder if it is at all possible to run through a digital printer or dye sub?

Anybody know a source for this and also how does it screen print? A pain to deal with? special inks required?

I figure on a count of 200 or more that screen printing 2 spot colours has to be a better option than digital printing.

I also wonder if it is at all possible to run through a digital printer or dye sub?

Nylon can be, (and has traditionally been) screen printed. It can be digitally printed, provided you have the proper type of ink. In the case of Nylon, that is called Acid ink. After printing, the Nylon is steamed, and then washed. There are not a lot of wholesale providers that can digitally print on Nylon.

One that can is Tex Visions:
http://www.texvisions.com/

axis

Yes, I'd screen print it. The easiest ink to use, single part, doesn't require a dryer, is Fujifilm Zephyrlon. A bit smelly but it prints well and sticks like crazy.