• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Having issues with Mutoh 1304 printer not responding

Prestige

Does anyone have any ideas or possible causes/solutions? Seemingly at random, the printer will suddenly not start printing when we send a print file from our PhotoPRINT SE Mutoh Edition 6.1v2 printer rip. In order to fix this, we then shut down the printer and plug it for about 30 minutes. We then plug it back in, turn the printer back on and voila! It starts printing that file.

Other times it will suddenly stop printing the current file (extremely frustrating when it stops 3/4 of the way through a long print!!) and then shows "receiving" for anywhere between 15-30 minutes - depending on the size of the file. after this, we repeat the same steps as above and then it works.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Sounds like you have network issues. I would suspect a bad piece of hardware such as the cable or router that the printer connects to.

Prestige

It is directly connected via USB, and the fact that it will start printing that file I originally sent once the printer boots back up makes me think something is wrong with the printer itself... As the whole file seems to have made it to the printer. For some reason, it just seems to 'zone out'. :rolleyes:

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
USB is not supported on the 1304. Even though there is a port for it and you can send jobs to the printer, if you called Mutoh right now and told them you were using USB they would say, "That's the problem". You should be setup on a network.