• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Having issues with my mutoh valuecut 1300

juniorferg

I just got my valuecut 1300 this week so by all means Im no expert. I have successfully cut many decals for tests and even full sheets when I got bold. I am now trying my first laminated wrap material for a door sign and the plotter keeps giving me an "AAS Detect Fail 8" Error. Basically when it looks for the second mark it rolls over it front to back and then gives me the error. Has anyone else dealt with this and can anyone help me out. I have a job due tomorrow and I'd hate to have to call and say I need more time so I can call and get tech help :). You guys are better than any tech help anyways lol.

Thanks in advance,
Mike

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
A few things to try:
On the printer there should be a menu to adjust the sensitivity of the sensor that reads the marks - turn it up.
In the software you use to set the marks - make them larger- thicker.
Make sure you have enough white space between the marks and the printed layout - if the sensor reads part of the design when scanning it can error out.
Last ditch - after you laminate take a black thin line marker and retrace the alignment marks to make it easier for the sensor to pick them up.
I think most of these I picked up reading here on S101

wayne k
guam usa

Able

Are you happy with your Mutoh Valuecut 1300

Hello Mike/Every one who is using a Mutoh Valuecut 1300
We are looking at buying a Mutoh Valuecut 1300. Are you happy so far with the performance of your Valuecut 1300. Would you recommend it? Many thanks in advance.

I just got my valuecut 1300 this week so by all means Im no expert. I have successfully cut many decals for tests and even full sheets when I got bold. I am now trying my first laminated wrap material for a door sign and the plotter keeps giving me an "AAS Detect Fail 8" Error. Basically when it looks for the second mark it rolls over it front to back and then gives me the error. Has anyone else dealt with this and can anyone help me out. I have a job due tomorrow and I'd hate to have to call and say I need more time so I can call and get tech help :). You guys are better than any tech help anyways lol.

Thanks in advance,
Mike

brycesteiner

Solution

I believe I have found a fix for this issue. I spent all morning thinking I was screwing up and here to find out that the high gloss lamination was stopping the AAS detection from working.

The solution for me: put matte finish scotch tape (Magic Tape) on the AAS marks over top the laminate. It worked everytime. I just wished I would have known that before. Hopefully anyone else can use this to eliminate alot of wasted material and time!

signsofparadise

We had another page laminated w/ Clear which would not be read by the AAS II finder. Tried the usual stuff - re-loaded, relined up, tried skew in it both directions.

Finally called Mutoh in AZ.

He asked how old my machine was - I told him 2-3 yrs.

Might be able to modify Light Sensitivity - Told me go to the machine control panel.

Press "Offline", then press the "Misc", then arrow to AAS II, (do not hit enter) hit the "Offset" button instead, this takes you to a hidden selection (which has choices - mine were W: 5 B: 5; he said change the B: setting to 4, hit enter, go back Online.

I pulled the sheet w/ laminate out of waste can, put it in and it worked perfect.

He said you can try 3, 2 whatever - he said play around with it if needed.

I asked what the W: does he didn't know.

He commented that the new machines won't let you do this, but the older ones would.

Anyhow, not sure if this will help you with yours or not, but it's cool to know there are additional settings for the AAS II system.

I've been asking about this since our purchase and it's been an ongoing issue, which appears to be resolved.

henryp

One way to get around this is to stick a Post-it note over each registration mark before laminating, then cut out the Post-it note afterwards so there is no more laminate on the registration marks.