• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Having issues with this wave bubble

cdoan337

Sign-O
Hey guys,
We having issues with our laminate prints.
We using the CWT Tables w/ Rollers with the cut mat on top.
Our vinyl is Arlon 4600LX with a Avery 1360z Overlaminate. (recommended by my rep).

Please see attached pic.
(Has wave marks)

When we do roll it, we have it pretty tight and lines up pretty good.

Any suggestion would be appreciated it.

I can provide as much information you guys need to help.

PS. We have messed up on 3 full prints with lamination. I do hear a lot of static when i roll it.

Attachments

• IMG_4819.JPG
    IMG_4819.JPG
    883.5 KB · Views: 365

GraphicsSource

Have you tried sheeting the laminate and "center hinge" apply it to the vinyl?

Line up the laminate and vinyl on top of each other, pinch the roller about 10 inches from one end on the material, peel back the backer of the laminate on the short side and carefully fold it under, push the roller to apply it, fold the remaining laminate over the roller, peel the backer and push the roller across the table.

Thats how I apply vinyl/lam on our cwt table,

cdoan337

Sign-O
Okay, thanks for the quick reply.
That is exactly what we did except the 10" mark. I will try and let you know! :)

GraphicsSource

Good deal! I don't know if it's 10" exactly, I usually just peel back enough to wrap around the roller about 60% if that makes sense.

You can also try cutting the paper liner instead of folding it but you run the risk of getting paper fibers in your lam, also don't put too much tension on the laminate when applying. I don't even usually hold the laminate really, I just grab the backer and hold it so it peels as I roll.

Garama

I agree. I think the pressure is too high on the laminate. Either in the rollers, or the takeup reel. We usually use our hands and apply back pressure ( pull back ) to the print when laminating.

cdoan337

Sign-O
So I did what GraphicSource suggested, worked a little bit better.
So we switched over to the Arlon 3510, a bit thicker laminate. Works much better, but still we have micro bubbles. Could this be more of an experience thing? (we did apply more pressure from a 7 to 8.