• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Having problem with Printing please help me out !!!!

Ibadullah Safi

Hello Everyone,

I have two Mutoh printers 1604 and 1614 and I am using the Flexi for both with same profiles , but I have faded or blurry printed lines around the graphic art file while I am printing, I only have this issue with Mutoh VJ 1614, I recently replaced both encoder disc and encoder strip, as well I replaced the Print Head DX5, but still I am having this problem please see pictures if anybody knows how to solve please please help me out.

Thanks
Safi

Attachments

• 20180524_141458.jpg
    20180524_141458.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 504
  • 20180524_141451.jpg
    20180524_141451.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 385
  • 20180524_141447.jpg
    20180524_141447.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 386

AKwrapguy

Thanks for the reply, I did not get it the static issue? could you please elaborate the static issue and what parts would exactly needs to be cleaned from dirt, I have not noticed any dirt on machine.

So as the material runs through the printer it can create a small static charge. This charge will pull the ink to different areas as well as pull in dust that's in the air. This happens to a lot of shops in really dry areas or at times of the year with low humidity. Go buy a humidifier that is larger enough for the room the printer is in. This should help out with both the dust in the air as well as the static issue.

Ibadullah Safi

So as the material runs through the printer it can create a small static charge. This charge will pull the ink to different areas as well as pull in dust that's in the air. This happens to a lot of shops in really dry areas or at times of the year with low humidity. Go buy a humidifier that is larger enough for the room the printer is in. This should help out with both the dust in the air as well as the static issue.
I live in San Antonio, Texas, and it's quite humid city, but the most surprising is I don't have this problem while I am printing with 4 Passes, It only happens in 6 and 8 passes.

Pitzu

Make sure you have the print head height set to Low. If it's on High, you can have this mist effect.
As ams said, your print is quite grainy. What type of ink do you use and what color profiles? What temperatures do you have on the heaters?

Last edited:

jfiscus

Rap Master
To me it looks like you have some vector images on top of super low res JPEG images with artifacts around them. If this is not correct, possibly there is a rasterization/resolution level setting that is incorrect. Sorry, I am not that familiar with your RIP setup.

tbaker

Zooming in, I’m going to go against the grain here and say I don’t think that is static. The edges of those lines are too precise, the pattern too exact. That looks almost as if there was pressure being applied to the top and you are getting transfer from another source. I can see where a part of it could be static but by and large I think you’re getting transfer from another source.

Make sure you have adequate clearance under the carriage and the top of the media.

Ahmed Samy Nagada

Please print a universal test file like Caldera test file and submit the pictures, as from what you have submitted it looks like artifacts in the file it self. Static (with all respect) doesn't look like that, it looks like the attached file.

Attachments

• IMG_0690.JPG
    IMG_0690.JPG
    417.9 KB · Views: 331

Ibadullah Safi

Please print a universal test file like Caldera test file and submit the pictures, as from what you have submitted it looks like artifacts in the file it self. Static (with all respect) doesn't look like that, it looks like the attached file.
Where can i get the Universal test or Caldera test file?