• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Hazy Prinitng on Gerber Edge ~ HELP!!!

D-Kal

I am using the Gerber Edge Printer, and I noticed a little haziness when printing.

It was the 1st print of the day....

Wanted to know what causes this?

Is it cause the printer is not warm enough?

Attachments

• IMG_0994.PNG
    IMG_0994.PNG
    267.6 KB · Views: 118

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
We always run a rectangle of solid fill 11.75" tall x 3" wide as a first print of the day to get the printhead evenly warmed up. This will help to eliminate pinholes in your prints after that. Your pic, however, looks more like a conflict between the vinyl and the foil.

Are you using Gerber foils or third party?

D-Kal

We always run a rectangle of solid fill 11.75" tall x 3" wide as a first print of the day to get the printhead evenly warmed up. This will help to eliminate pinholes in your prints after that. Your pic, however, looks more like a conflict between the vinyl and the foil.

Are you using Gerber foils or third party?

Hello, Fred

Using Third Party Oracal 651

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
This was clear Vinyl,

Could that be the problem?

I doubt that being clear is the problem. I use Oracal 651 and 751 vinyls all the time, including clear. I have occasionally had a roll that wouldn't take a print without smearing and other poor transfer problems. No idea why. In testing, I would always find that other foils would print OK on the suspect roll of vinyl and that all suspect foils would print OK on a different roll of vinyl. When one encounters this, all that can be concluded is that something in the combination is wrong and to switch either the foils or the vinyl to see if that results in a good print.

You might want to also check your vinyl assignment in Composer. I've had the best results with assigning Gerber Quantum 2000 as the vinyl when I'm printing on Orafol 651. Other choices might be Gerber ImageCal P or Gerber IP Plus Calendared, etc.

D-Kal

I doubt that being clear is the problem. I use Oracal 651 and 751 vinyls all the time, including clear. I have occasionally had a roll that wouldn't take a print without smearing and other poor transfer problems. No idea why. In testing, I would always find that other foils would print OK on the suspect roll of vinyl and that all suspect foils would print OK on a different roll of vinyl. When one encounters this, all that can be concluded is that something in the combination is wrong and to switch either the foils or the vinyl to see if that results in a good print.

You might want to also check your vinyl assignment in Composer. I've had the best results with assigning Gerber Quantum 2000 as the vinyl when I'm printing on Orafol 651. Other choices might be Gerber ImageCal P or Gerber IP Plus Calendared, etc.

Thanks Fred

I have a question in order to check the Vinyl Assignment do I got to

1. View
2. Scroll down to Vinyl Palette
3. Select Palette
Then from the drop down list I Select Gerber Quantum 2000

Is this correct?

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Thanks Fred

I have a question in order to check the Vinyl Assignment do I got to

1. View
2. Scroll down to Vinyl Palette
3. Select Palette
Then from the drop down list I Select Gerber Quantum 2000

Is this correct?

In order to check the vinyl assignment, simply look in the lower right for the materials information. If nothing is selected, it will display what the style will be on the next object created. If a selection is made it tells you what foil and vinyl are selected.

attachment.php

Or, you can enter Control +D to bring up the 1234 dialog that shows the vinyl and foils in the job and in what order they will print.

attachment.php

To select a new vinyl palette so that you can assign a new vinyl, click the Select Vinyl Palette arrow

attachment.php

And then select the vinyl palette you want

attachment.php

Select the vinyl you want to reassign, and then from the palette click on the swatch desired. If a match isn't there, select whatever is close. If nothing is close, select white.

Attachments

• omegainfo.jpg
    omegainfo.jpg
    431.5 KB · Views: 120
  • 1234.jpg
    1234.jpg
    130.4 KB · Views: 123
  • selectpalette.jpg
    selectpalette.jpg
    205.1 KB · Views: 119
  • palette.jpg
    palette.jpg