• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HDU Cedar Numbers

piccadillysigns

Hi, 12" high numbers out of 18lb 1" HDU made to look like cedar.
Epoxy pins set in the back,

Attachments

• IMG_5795.jpg
    IMG_5795.jpg
    111.5 KB · Views: 114
  • IMG_5794.jpg
    IMG_5794.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 98
  • IMG_5792.jpg
    IMG_5792.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 88
  • IMG_5800.jpg
    IMG_5800.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 105
  • IMG_5802.jpg
    IMG_5802.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 88

SD&F

I luv it when we can create something that looks as if it is wood or bronze on HDU....that is talent

piccadillysigns

Thank you so much guy's for your kind words.
I had fun creating the numbers, my client had just finished building a new cedar deck and called us to see if we were up to the task, tis, tis, we are always up for a challenge,
The Font is Bolt Bold, 1" Hdu 12" High. from start to finish about 4hrs of work and then a couple of days in between for the clear coat to dry, as for the painting the client had requested a vertical grain looking like it was cut from one piece of Cedar, after the priming I start with light colours and work up to the darkest and wiping some of the colours off the surface as i go, there is about 6 colour washes or glazes in total, and then just adding some of the grain detail last. The client wanted to install them so i had provided a printed template with the pin placement for easy installation, should be going up this weekend.

SKADSIGNS

WOW!!! You sure they are not really made of cedar and you are pulling our chain LOL thats awsome.

If you don't mind sharing what are you wiping the glaze off with?

sfr table hockey

BIG WOW!
Even up close the end grain looks great...... but... could you make cedar look like HDU.... but then again you most likely could.