• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Head cleaning help...?

ABBOTARTDEPT

I did a search for this. So if anyone knows where a thread is, please point it out. I use a JV3-160sp. Megaink solvents. When I do a test print the black prints are messed up. the little rectangles arent aligned right. Thats supposed to mean I need to wash the heads, right? That was done and its still showing a dirty head when i test print. Ive head washed it, nozzle washed (for 99 mins), refilled ink. Ive done a whole cleaning and maintanence process. the other test squares print perfect. but the black just wont wont straighten up. anyone had this problem?

brentp

This is common with this model. The black heads seem to get hammered, head strikes etc and I think something in the ink...carbon black...appears to block them. If hard cleaning doesn't help you may need to go as far as forcing cleaning solvent through the head via the damper. If that doesn't work then you need a head change I reckon.

ABBOTARTDEPT

Yeah ive replace the damper. And ive forced cleaning solution from a cardtidge using my awesome horse syringe (connected past the cap station). got the lines all clean and that should have gotten the nozzle clean as well. its getting better. but taking a while.

particleman

It is called deflection, I believe physically what is happening the ink is building up on the nozzle and causing the dots to fire at an angle. You'll have to clear it up with soaks if you can. We bought an ultra sonic jewelry cleaner to use on print heads and chickened out on using it. I have heard of people bringing back not only deflecting nozzles, but clogged ones.