• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Head Height Adjustments FB700

theyllek

On the other presses I have ran, I've been able to manually set the head height to whatever I want letting me run the head really high on warped or wavy stock. On the FB700 tho I'm stuck at .120 head height and can't see a way to run it higher then this.

Yeah- I know the higher the head height the lower the quality - but on a sign going on the side of a building 15 feet up you can get away with quite a bit ;)

I tried lying and telling it the material was thicker then it is, but that didn't seem to work.

So has anyone figured out a way to gain extra head height?

GaSouthpaw

Profane and profane accessories.
Putting in a thicker material is the only way I've ever gotten it to exceed that .12" limit. Normally, it works when I need it to.

theyllek

Putting in a thicker material is the only way I've ever gotten it to exceed that .12" limit. Normally, it works when I need it to.

I've done this as well. I was hoping someone had like a brilliant 'cheat' like going into the height menu and hit like up up down up down up or something and magically unlock more head height options.

GP_Oz

At the point of pressing "sheet ready" you can adjust head heights to a point...
Other than that load it as a short sheet which will prompt a manual height entry.

theyllek

If you load short sheet will it still take the 48" long?
It should ask you for the length of the media. You can always load a short sheet, manually enter the thickness, then when you go to print something on 48" you can tell it to load new media, when it asks for the media thickness tell it is same as previous.