• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Head Maintenance

CanuckSigns

Hey Jut thought I would give you guys a heads up, we have had our S80600 for 16 months now and it has been awesome! for the last 2 weeks or so, I've had banding issues in my cyan that I could not for the life of me get to go away, I tried manual cleaning, light, medium and heavy cleans, printhead soaks etc.

On the printer maintenance menu, uner "printhead cleaning" is "Printhead Maintenance" I tried it, and it ran for about 15 minutes, now the printer is printing like the day it came out of the box, solid colours look like die cut vinyl again they are so solid!

I thought this might be useful for anyone who might run into the same issue, It seems so obvious, but i've never used that feature before.

Does anyone know what this feature does? it seems to do more than a basic clean.

unclebun

On our Epson S70670, Printhead maintenance is for the operator to manually clean around the edges of and between the printheads with solvent and a swab, then to clean the capping station and wiper with a swab. The only part the machine plays in that is moving the printhead to the far end for the manual cleaning. The printer actually calls for that maintenance on the display panel once a week.

ProColorGraphics

I think it uses the cleaning station to wipe everything down. I am pretty sure it will NOT work any of the inks are low though.

I swear I had a bad batch of cyan once. Had the same issue of banding only in my blues. Once I changed out the cartridge it went away.

CanuckSigns

On our Epson S70670, Printhead maintenance is for the operator to manually clean around the edges of and between the printheads with solvent and a swab, then to clean the capping station and wiper with a swab. The only part the machine plays in that is moving the printhead to the far end for the manual cleaning. The printer actually calls for that maintenance on the display panel once a week.

On our machine that is under the "printhead cleaning" menu, the "printhead maintenance" was completly automatic, it run the pumps, wiped the head, but seemed to do more than a regular cleaning, and it made a huge difference to the print quality when the regular cleanings did not.

SignMeUpGraphics

Super Active Member
Wasn't even aware of this function... it's in the manual and exists on the menu of our 80600:

Attachments

• Capture80600.PNG
    Capture80600.PNG
    13.2 KB · Views: 229

Tattoosleeve

We have the S60600, used to have the S30. We were cleaning the dead weekly on the 30 but the new machines autoclean on their own cycle with a manual clean recommended monthly as per manual and techm