• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Heat setting?

Colin

I've got this huge banner job, and big sections of the background is solid black.

On my Roland SP540i, I've got the dryer temp at 44 (Pre-heat at 39). For handling purposes after each print is finished, I'd like to have the dryer as hot as possible without negatively effecting something else. How high could/should I go?

Last edited:

kffernandez

i usually maintain my heat at my usual settings. no point messing around with the settings unless you can afford to make a mistake. different medias obviously have different tolerances. then i just point a fan at the bottom to make sure that it's perfectly dry by the time it reaches the take-up reel.

kelly

Colin

I forgot to mention the details:

Roland EcoSolinks, and UltraFlex JetFlex 13 oz gloss banner material.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
I run my post heater as high as it will go (50c) while running in 4 pass banner mode but mutohs have 3 heaters and the platen heat is not effected by the dryer.
Might not work as well on a Roland.

wayne k
guam usa

J

john1

On banner 13oz ultraflexx i always have heater at 104 and dryer at 90. No headstrikes that way on my 300i

Colin

Been doing it for years and works great on my machine.

But my concern with this particular job is that the huge floods of 100% black are as dry as possible. With your settings, it would not be dry enough. This is a big job with a real time crunch.

J

john1

But my concern with this particular job is that the huge floods of 100% black are as dry as possible. With your settings, it would not be dry enough. This is a big job with a real time crunch.

My little 30" has printed a 8' full coverage (black with white lettering) before no problems.

wedosigns

John 1 is probably right!
Ultaflex is very forgiving and absorbs really well.
I believe the heat adds to the absorption of the ink, not the carrier(solvent).
Add a fan on the floor to disapate the solvent.
Bruce

longlivemedia

I think keeping it at constantly hot temp would do. Just make sure that it isn't hot enough to just dry the outer part rather than uniform dryness.

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
I max our Mimaki's post heater at 50 as well for something like this. Actually for a lot of stuff I keep it maxed at 50.

WYLDGFI

Merchant Member
Get a small fan or 2 to blow across the media at the TAKEUP on the bottom. Not into your print platen....this will also help with the degassing.

Colin

Yes, I've started using a fan as described on the prints with heavy ink coverage. Thanks for the tip.