• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

heat settings for printing on Oracal Premium Cast vinyls?

PrinterJess

I am trying to print on a roll of Oracal Premium Cast vinyl, just the regular stuff you would cut lettering out of. I have an HP L26500 latex printer and I am wondering about what to set the temp to? I don't want to risk a random setting and melt the vinyl all over my printer. Any suggestions? Has anyone done this before? I 'd appreciate any help!

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
LOL....you're not gonna melt the vinyl all over the printer. This vinyl is not that much different than normal print vinyl. You may have to drop the heat a little bit, as you may see a bit of heat warp, mostly due to the difference in the liner. I print on regular vinyl in a pinch, and sometimes I don't even remember to change the settings. Just drop your cure temp a few degrees and give it a try. Just remember that you may have some print quality issues do to contamination on the vinyl surface.....if you do small runs, you may want to wipe down the vinyl with alcohol first. Generally, I haven't seen many issues with this.

PrinterJess

Thanks, I'll try it. I know this stuff shrivels with a heat gun, so I was thinking it might do the same on the printer. Thanks for your help