• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Heat Transfer Material On Latex

Mike_Koval

Anyone using heat transfer materials on Latex? If so, what brands have you found to yield best results.

Thanks!

GB2

Old Member
Anyone using heat transfer materials on Latex? If so, what brands have you found to yield best results.

Thanks!
Mike, I've used Imprintables Warehouse Quickprint with great success and recently I've been using InstaPrint because I was looking for the lightest feel. Both products print and weed excellently and the InstaPrint is lighter. I've also been using the Imprintables transfer tape since I find that to be a better product and easier to use than regular vinyl transfer tape. It sometimes can be a little challenging to get the liner off the material prior to pressing, just the other day I was doing 14" x 20" prints for counter mats and I had an impossible time trying to get the liner to release. Last night though, I did 30 T shirts with just large text and it released perfectly so I'm not sure what was going on.

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
I have tested many different versions and I like the SEF america material, I went through over 25 wash cycles and everything is still looking good.

Dennis422

SIser PU.
Printed with generic Vinyl profile and turned out great. So far, test jersey was worn and washed weekly for about 2-3 months. No changes whatsoever.

Split76

We have used chemica easyprint and easyprint sir for about 5 years, 1-2 rolls/month with HP 265 and 360. Nothing to complain :)

GB2

Old Member
OK, so the 30 T shirts I mentioned previously that went well were not printed, just white Instaprint. Today we did a bunch of printed shirts with the instaprint, some with detailed cutting and some with basic shapes, and we had a terrible time of it. I called Imprintables and was told at first that none of their materials were rated for latex printing but after further consultations with another tech I was advised that it was OK to use with latex. They suggested squeegeeing the back side also prior to trying to get the liner off. I tried that and it had basically no effect. As much as I like the printing quality and the feel of the Instaprint...I'm done using it...I can't put up with the inability of the product to release from the liner. I'll be looking for another solution.

So Mike, I thought when you posted this you were going to have something great to tell us, not just simply asking the question....so...is there anything further coming?

Mike_Koval

OK, so the 30 T shirts I mentioned previously that went well were not printed, just white Instaprint. Today we did a bunch of printed shirts with the instaprint, some with detailed cutting and some with basic shapes, and we had a terrible time of it. I called Imprintables and was told at first that none of their materials were rated for latex printing but after further consultations with another tech I was advised that it was OK to use with latex. They suggested squeegeeing the back side also prior to trying to get the liner off. I tried that and it had basically no effect. As much as I like the printing quality and the feel of the Instaprint...I'm done using it...I can't put up with the inability of the product to release from the liner. I'll be looking for another solution.

So Mike, I thought when you posted this you were going to have something great to tell us, not just simply asking the question....so...is there anything further coming?

i was simply trying to gather info on this area. i know these products all perform well with solvent/eco solvent but never really had much feedback on the latex side. mainly because our customer base rarely has the latex printers, but i have been coming across more and more lately.

GB2

Old Member
OK so just to update this thread, after some personal conversation with Mike I decided to try the Stahls Express Print with the Solutions mask material, originally printing with an HP L25500 and now with an HP365. The results have been extremely good, it prints beautifully, weeds easily, releases from the liner, presses well and has great durability. When I originally tested it I was also adjust my printing and curing heat to minimal levels because I believed that the high temp printing was actually starting to adhere the product to the liner. Since upgrading to the HP365 however, I'm using standard generic vinyl profiles and have had no problem at all. I would definately recommend this combination of Stahls Express Print with the Solutions mask material.