• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Heat transfer onto leather.

Bly

I have some friends who make and sell leather motorcycle gear.

They have bought a cutter and heat press but have no clue about using the right film for leather.

Does anyone have experience or knowledge on a product that works well?
Printable or coloured film.

Thanks in advance.

WildWestDesigns

I can't help with you the printable kinds as when I do full color it is usually embroidery.

But for your items such as cut vinyl, I know you'll need to use the "heat sensitive" types. Leather (like Nylon etc) don't tend to like the higher Heat/Time/Duration settings that you have for your regular shirt vinyl. I tend to like Thermoflex, but I know quite a few people that like Siser for their heat transfer vinyl.

I do think Siser's vinyl is already low enough on the temps that they can be put on leather, but you might want to confirm that. I know with Thermoflex you have to get a specialty one for your nylons and leathers. I would also do two pressings per application as that does give a better "hold" on to the substrate then just one. Especially when you are talking about something that is porous like leather.

LeeTringes

They have bought a cutter and heat press but have no clue about using the right film for leather.

Thanks in advance.

Are you looking for a single color or solvent printable material? Either way, I can help just let me know and I'd be happy to send some samples.

BESTBLANKS

Heat Transfer Printing on Leather

Thanks in advance.

Hi, Perhaps we can help.

We are a wholesale supplier that specializes in heat transfer printing solutions.

For heat transfer material that is engineered for leather application please see this page: http://www.bestblanks.com/colorprint-solvent-leather.html
To see the entire line of heat transfer materials for all types of applications please see this page http://www.bestblanks.com/vinyl.html

Should you have any questions please don't hesitate to call us! 888-431-7385 or 954-989-1250

Thanks for your post!
www.BESTBLANKS.com