• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Heat Transfer Vinyl

printndisplay

I am looking for good and cheap vinyl to print and transfer on T-shirts, stickers, decals, murals etc .can anyone advise.......

For T-shirt i need really good printable vinyl required, after heat press, cloth should have good feel and should not feel as heat transfer.

Is there anyone can help me?

WildWestDesigns

I am looking for good and cheap vinyl to print and transfer on T-shirts, stickers, decals, murals etc .can anyone advise.......

For T-shirt i need really good printable vinyl required, after heat press, cloth should have good feel and should not feel as heat transfer.

Is there anyone can help me?

Cheap and having a "soft hand" don't usually go together. Almost all of them are going to have some texture feel to them. If you don't want it to feel like a heat transfer, the absolute best way is sublimation as that's dyeing the fabric (but that has quite a few cons that might make that route moot). One of the characteristics of the better brands is the "softer hand" however.

rjssigns

If you want a soft "hand" to the fabric after applying a transfer it ain't gonna happen. Only way to get the "hand" of a screen print shirt is to screen print. period.

Also none of the materials are cheap.

We use Eco-Print from Imprintables Warehouse. Prints and cuts great. Looks nice when finished. No experience with anything since I don't feel the need to switch. Besides my Roland flat knocks it out with Eco-Print and I'm not messing with trying to use something else. Problems find me easy enough without creating them.

WildWestDesigns

If you want a soft "hand" to the fabric after applying a transfer it ain't gonna happen. Only way to get the "hand" of a screen print shirt is to screen print. period.

Sublimation transfer. You feel nothing but cloth on those. But then again, it isn't laying anything directly on top of it either like your traditional transfers.

WildWestDesigns

Since he mentioned t-shirts, I doubt sublimation is a viable option for him, unless he's printing on polyester.

Moister wickering (100% poly) are the in thing now. I know I wear far more poly t-shirts then even blends and sale more as well. However, the bigger con is that they have to start off as light colors. Now you can take white unfinished shirt and sublimate it all over and make it black, but that requires a printer and press to be able to handle that size.

I only mentioned it as sublimation is the only heat transfer process, that I'm aware of, that has "no hand" to it. Anything else is actually applied on top of the substrate, so you are always going to have a hand with it.

printndisplay

Cheap and having a "soft hand" don't usually go together. Almost all of them are going to have some texture feel to them. If you don't want it to feel like a heat transfer, the absolute best way is sublimation as that's dyeing the fabric (but that has quite a few cons that might make that route moot). One of the characteristics of the better brands is the "softer hand" however.

Sublimation only possible in polyester, i am using cotton and polycotton T-shirts, screen print is another option otherwise dtg printer...

Moister wickering (100% poly) are the in thing now.

Yes they are. A lot of our work shirts are polyester from Holloway, we also are selling more of them lately, and we get a lot of compliments on them, too. But we put our logo on with regular Siser heat press material and I actually don't mind the look, or the feel of it.

w2csa

I use Roland's ESM-HTM2 Heat Press vinyl.
Sometimes its a little trick to weed on the small stuff.

WildWestDesigns

No i use cotton and polycotton

A blend will give it a distressed look. It will adhere to the poly and wash off the cotton fibers. If you are going for the distressed look, it does a decent job. The all cotton won't work though.

I only mentioned sublimation due tI the comment about the feel of the finished product though.