• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Heater Question for the experts

jason91

I have a roland 545ex that has a Fuji electric pxr-4 heater.. The problem is the heater wont stay on desired temperature ( it just goes to the max everytime you turn it on). I guess the relay is stuck in it. So after reading on here I saw where you could get a replacement from instrumart.com. So I bought the same exact heater from them, and I wrote down every setting from my old heater to the new heater. and wired the new heater exactly the same as the old heater.
The problem is the new heater wont heat it up... It reads the degree, but it doesn't heat...Its like the printer doesn't recognize it, and they are the exact same heater with the exact same settings? When the printer goes into sleep mode, the old heater use to blink letting you know that the heater is still on...the new heater doesn't? Any ideas why the printer isn't recognizing it?

lubo1972

Why you didn't change relay on your old heater controler? It is very easy and relay is cents in electronic stores.

lubo1972

I will try to explain. Just you need to disasemble right side of the printer where display and heater control seats. Then disconect controler and disasemble to see one small onton relay on one edge of electronic board. It is not too difficult,just you need some little experience with soldering iron.