• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

heater setting

CL Graphics

What is the proper pre heater and print heater setting for Oracal 3551Ra with a mimaki JV3. I am running both on 45 and getting a bands in my print. The bands are lengthwise not width. By bands I mean it is printing darker between where the feed rollers run. It also looks like the vinyl is raising up a little between the rollers which I assume is causing the bands. Anyway I am going to lower the heat settings just not sure which one or how much. Thought maybe I would see what others are using.
thanks

gabagoo

I try to keep the pre heat and the print heat about 5 degrees celcius different. I think 45 may be to hot.

CL Graphics

the oracal guys told me 45 so thats what I have been using. I just dropped the print heater to 40 and it seemed to help. What do you run yours at

ColesCreations

I have found that if it sits still with high heat it buckles, we have gone from 45 to 38 on vinyl. Don't know if it's better or worse.

jc1cell

The bands are from the vinyl raising and causing a shorter distance for the ink to travel onto the media. Play around with the heat settings until you find your useable setting. Usually the best setting is what works best for your shop and could be different than what works for anyone else.

As for me, I use it at 50 and have no issues at all. I'm thinking of dropping it to 45 and see how it works just to be on the safe side.

jc

signguytom

I have found that if you set your print heater 2-3° cooler than the pre heater it helps with buckling. With that particular film, I have my temps set at 36° Pre, 34° Print with OEM SS2 inks. If you are using 3rd party inks, then these settings might not work for you.